maandag 16 januari 2012

More travel and purging

Last year, everything was so different. It's amazing how many things have changed.
I never thought I would give up buying clothes. I really thought it was a big achievement that I didn't had a credit card, but I would borrow money to buy new clothes. Today I'm packing up two (!) more garbage bags full of clothing to give to charity. It feels silly that I've bought all these clothes, especially since I brought them with me to Sweden.
A year ago, I was afraid to make the jump and decide to go to Sweden. By putting it in my New Years resolutions, I thought it would give me the extra push to do it. Today, I'm writing this from my computer in Sweden. I did it. I jumped, and look where I came! I never thought it would be this messy and would change my life that much, but I'm so happy and glad I did it.

I wonder where I'll be in a year.

Today has been a busy day, since I need to do a lot before moving (back) to Holland. I packed a lot today, tomorrow I will do most of the kitchen and start cleaning some furniture. I worked on my thesis and talked to a friend of mine who I haven't spoke to for more than half a year! He was living in Amsterdam, but moved back to Rome. This makes my plans for going to Italy this summer a bit more concrete, and it turns out the bus isn't that expensive. Let's hope I can fix everything, because I would love to go to Italy! (It's on my list for this year, so I need to do it ;-) )

I'm going to do a bit more work, since I'm almost finished and then go to my lovely bed.
Tomorrow it's gingerbread house building day! (Yes, I just made up my own holiday)

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Going half a year abroad IS a big jump and I'm so jelly because you did it ;) You go girl! Are you sad that your adventure is almost ending? ^^ Ow and also; what's your thesis about? :0

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. *takes a deep breath*
      Evaluating quality of experience in real time mobile environments
      *breathes out*
      You can read it, if you want, but it's a lot of text (around 8200 words). And I'm secretly a bit happy to go back. I miss my friends! We should definitely meet up quickly when I'm back in Holland :)

      Verwijderen