zondag 11 december 2011

Differences and silence

At the moment, I work a lot under stress. I try to get all my deadlines on time, but it’s hard. I try to live my life and still have a good time, go to parties and eat with friends.
Right now, everything is a bit more livable then when I would be in Holland. In Holland I also have 12-20 hours of work per week, I can put those hours now in friends, relaxing and parties.
I just hope I can keep being relaxed when I’m back. I’m just afraid that I will not be able to keep this rhythm, and keep being me.
When I arrived in Sweden, I was really confused. It was so weird and new for me to have time to don’t do anything. Just sit there and be all on myself. Accept the silence, be right here, right now. I’ve now adapted to the silence, the rest I get and everything what is normal here. The first week, I cried. I was confused, I didn’t even know I had that many thoughts going on in my head. The second week was better, but it was not until the fourth week here that I realized that I should start living like this. Take life easy, and live life now. Don’t wait until whatever goal you want to reach. What do you want to do? What do you want to explore, to discover? Start planning those exact things today! Nothing is impossible, but I’m still trying to figure out how to get everything in my schedule ;)

I want to write more about being with silence, but I haven't figured out how, yet.

1 opmerking:

  1. I know what you mean. Actually, the opposite is true for me.
    When i lived in Romania i had so much time on my hands, i'd write poems out of boredom. I actually had time to sit down and think, and reflect about totally useless things.
    Then i moved to the Netherlands..my days are so full now ( school, work, boyfriend, social life, taking care of house and cooking and etc, paying attention to every dutch word i say to better learn the language) that its a miracle when i blink i dont fall asleep ( thats how tired i am of a full life).
    I think its great to take life easy. If you can keep it up, really, do so!
    A chinese saying says that the less fast your heart beats (beats/min) the longer your life will be ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen