donderdag 22 december 2011

Waiting in silence

Right now I'm waiting for my mum and sister to arrive.
I know they will arrive in 3 hours, not earlier.
So I also try to work a bit on my studies.

I'm keeping myself warm with a cup of cinnamon tea, while the whole house is quiet. My room mates went back to their families places, so the whole area here is quite silent. Less cars, less people in the supermarkets. Tea is keeping me happy, warm and content these days. With my tea, I can conquer the world. I could bring peace everywhere, all at the same time. But I decide not to. Why, you ask? Because I think the wars and everything that happens has a reason. People need to learn, and it's important to learn that lesson. It is kind of like raising a kid. You don't want it to fall, because it will be hurt, and you don't want your kid to cry. But once it has fallen, it learns. 'Oh, maybe it's better to not try to run on ice.' 'Maybe I should look before I start walking.' Important lessons to be learned. We all learn lessons.

I love it how people here spend time with their families. Christmas is a real tradition and holiday, and they have a lot more traditions. People gather all their family together, spend a whole julafton eating, drinking and having fun. I enjoy it so much that my mum and sister are coming here, I really appreciate it. I have family, and I'm so happy I can share my experiences and adventures with them. I like that they don't get jealous or anything. They enjoy their lives, I enjoy mine. Like it should be. And believe it or not, I'm sometimes really jealous of their lives...

One thing that really shocked me this week was how many people rejoiced in the fact that Kim Jung-Il is dead. I understand it, but part of me thinks it's absurd. Why would you ever celebrate the fact that someone dies? It must be tragic for his family and his loved ones. There are probably people that really care about them, and although he was a dictator, there is no reason to party. I'm not saying I'm mourning here and am really sad, as I'm not. I hope this will be a step forward to North Korea, but I would never celebrate the dead of someone. I would celebrate freedom, if that is possible for North Korea.

Enough thoughts, enough writing.
I'm going back to my tea and my thesis.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten