maandag 5 december 2011

Simple life

At the moment I am trying to figure out how I want to live (my life). I know it is impossible to determine now what I am going to do for the rest of my life, but I would like to give myself a nudge in the right direction.
Am I not stressing anymore? Not at all! The last month has been really stressful and confusing for me. What if this was not what I am living for. What if I am doing a step in the opposite direction? What if I am really walking back while thinking I go forward?
While trying not to freak out, all these questions really freaked me out. But after putting every thought in the right place, every feeling in the right box with the right label ‘when to pull out’, I feel at peace. Yesterday, I did not worry, I was not paranoia or anything. I felt free.
Wow. That was an amazing feeling. I have never felt that free. I have never felt so happy, so complete. It felt weird to not stress about anything, not worry. But I just observed myself. I did not stress, got paranoia or started worrying.

So what did I find out? Firstly, I like to be free. I like to be me. I understand now that I do not need the newest phone, bag or clothes to be happy. To be happy, I need just me. Maybe a cup of tea, maybe a ray of sunshine. Maybe a hug. Maybe a shoulder to cry on. But I can be happy with the simple things that life has to offer. The simple things we’re amazed at when we were younger, but we take for granted now.

I am so glad for all the opportunities I get in life. And I will enjoy every second of them.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten